Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get many questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I couldn’t wait to try the mattress out myself. Because it is built with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Purple Mattress Topper Reviews
Overall I really liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns. No doubt it is unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people are going to love this mattress. But it will not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are trying to find pressure relief– I discovered Purple’s is in fact terrific for pressure relief. (That’s exactly what they’re aiming to reveal with the raw egg test).
- Are looking the bed-in-a-box online business design – It’s difficult to compare Purple to other bed mattresses (price-wise) due to the material.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a bed mattress you understand – Is it memory foam? More like a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain type of mattress – If you are a fan of a specific type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Purple Mattress Topper Reviews
Firmness and Feel
Considering that the Purple bed mattress has a distinct comfort layer material (hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not a surprise it has an extremely different feel. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
In regards to firmness, it’s most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving too. So I believe the regular “firmness scale” isn’t really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what defines Purple. The extremely unique material provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool.
Underneath the cover, it is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). The cover not only felt nice, but was very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
When it come to motion transfer, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Purple mattress. Basically because it doesn’t fall under the common types of mattresses; memory foam, latex foam or innerspring.
But, it is a great option for most couples, when it comes to motion transfer.
Purple Mattress Topper Reviews
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Below, the sizes and prices are listed.
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its comfort layer.. It will stop early sagging, that is seen in other mattresses. The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Purple Mattress Topper Reviews
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.