Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get a great deal of concerns about the Purple bed mattress because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I couldn’t wait to try the mattress out myself. Since it is built with very unique materials, it’s hard to compare it to other mattresses. Leesa Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
Overall I really liked the mattress too. But I did have some concerns. It’s certainly unique, and differs from anything I’ve tested. I believe many people are going to like this mattress. But it will not be for everyone, since it is so unique.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are looking pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be incredible for this. (This is what they are proving with the raw egg test).
- Are interested in the bed-in-a-box design – Because of the unique material, it’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that sleep comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have reviewed.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- There is a certain type of mattress that you like – If you are a die hard fan of a certain type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Leesa Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (known as hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not surprising that it feels different than any other mattress you’ve tried. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
When it comes firmness, I’d give it around a 7 out of 10. But, it is great at pressure relief. So, don’t base everything off of the firmness scale.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is what makes Purple what it is. With a very unique material that provides the bounce, pressure relief and also sleeps cool.
Underneath the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I felt the cover was very beathable, and felt good to touch.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer. Considering that it does not fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
However, for motion transfer I feel it is great for couples.
Leesa Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
Listed below, are the sizes of the Purple mattress, and its price.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
The gel material that Purple uses in the comfort layer, is really resilient. It will stop premature drooping, that is seen in other mattresses. The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Leesa Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.Purple Mattress Versus Saatva