Purple Bed Mattress Review
I get a lot of questions about the Purple mattress,because of their innovative marketing and effective Kickstarted campaign. So I was eager to try the mattress out myself. Since it is made of some very unique material, it is tough to compare to other mattresses. Independent Purple Mattress Reviews
All in all I truly liked the Purple bed mattress, however I had a couple of little concerns too. No doubt it is unique, and different than any mattress I’ve ever tested. I believe a lot of people are going to love this mattress. But it will not be for everyone.
You will enjoy the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Are searching for pressure relief – I found the Purple mattress to be great for this. (This is what they’re trying to prove with the raw egg test).
- Are looking a bed-in-a-box design – It’s hard to compare Purple mattresses to others, because the material is so unique.
- Sleep in several positions – Purple is one of very few mattresses, that sleep comfortable rather you sleep on your stomach, side or back.
- Prefer to sleep cool – The Purple mattress no doubt sleeps cool. It sleeps cooler than any other mattress I have personally tried.
You may not like the Purple bed mattress if you …
- Want a mattress that you can describe – Do you call it memory foam? Perhaps a latex bed mattress? Absolutely not spring. It’s difficult to classify Purple, which might be challenging for some buyers.
- You prefer a certain type of mattress – If you are a fan of a specific type of mattress, you should stick with that kind of mattress. This is a unique feel that isn’t really like any of the basic bed mattress types. Independent Purple Mattress Reviews
Firmness and Feel
Since the Purple mattress has a unique comfort layer (known as hyper-elastic polymer), it’s not surprising that it feels different than any other mattress you’ve tried. Like a latex bed mattress, Purple springs back really quick, and sleeps cool.
In regards to firmness, it’s most likely a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. However it is really pressure relieving too. So I believe the regular “firmness scale” isn’t really as helpful as it can be.
Purple Mattress Construction
The Purple bed mattress is made from 3 layers:
- 2 inches of hyper-elastic polymer
- 3.5 inches of 1.8 pound polyurethane foam
- 4.0 inches of 2.0 pound polyurethane foam
The top layer is truly the story of Purple, with an extremely unique material that is responsible for the bounciness, pressure relief, and sleeping cool.
The cover below the cover is made of viscose (27%), polyester (69%), and polyester-lycra (4%). I found the mattress cover to be nice to the touch and very breathable.
Motion Transfer Test
I didn’t know what to expect from the Purple mattress, concerning motion transfer. Considering that it does not fall under the common memory foam, latex foam, and innerspring classifications.
However, for motion transfer I feel it is great for couples.
Independent Purple Mattress Reviews
Costs and Avaiable Sizes
The table shown below lists the costs for the readily available sizes and their associated measurements.
Twin XL: 37.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $699
Queen: 59.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $999
King: 75.5″ x 79.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
Cal King: 71.5″ x 83.5″ x 9.5″ – $1,299
In Regards To Durability
Purple uses a really resilient gel material in its comfort layer.. It will stop early sagging, that is seen in other mattresses. The base foam is high-density, so all in all I expect the bed mattress to hold up well over time, and I believe its durability is a significant selling point. Independent Purple Mattress Reviews
Other things to keep in mind:
- Purple is offered just online
- They have a 10 year warranty
- Purple recommends stretchy sheets, to get the full benefit
- They have a 100 night sleep trial
How Does Purple Compare to Nectar?
Purple Mattress is a great mattress. You can find the lowest prices here on Amazon.
However, when compared to Nectar, there are a few things to note:
- Nectar is cheaper.
- Purple mattress has 3 foam layers, compared to Nectar having 4 foam layers.
- Purple mattress is thinner than Nectar mattress.
- Nectar carries a lower comfort score. This means it provides more comfort, without sacrificing stability or assistance.
- Nectar has less movement transfer than Purple mattress.
- Nectar has a Three Hundred and Sixty Five Night Sleep Trial versus Purples 100 day trial.Purple Mattress Twin