Ikea Gel Mattress
It seems you can not watch the evening news or pass by a strip mall without someone trying to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless options for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Ikea Gel Mattress
This is even more true if you encounter neck or back pain: picking the wrong or right mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are lots of mattress brands available. It can almost be overwhelming. Be sure to research all these before making your decision. We have given you the 3 mattresses available on the market, towards the bottom of this article.
- speak with your doctor. If you have a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Bear in mind that doctors aren’t mattress experts, but they understand your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will label mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is not any medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to carry these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical team has confirmed this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Do not feel self-conscious or let the salesperson rush you along. It’s a big purchase, and if you do not try it for at least 10 minutes you are not going to get a true feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses are not always better for your back. Think twice before purchasing a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There is a gap between firm support and firm texture. You want firm support with a comfortable feel. Comfort will be determined by your personal preference.
- Pillow tops are not for everybody . Very light-weight people don’t need large thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the underlying coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little extra cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a great option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, try an adjustable bed. They let you lift your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on the lower spine. You can also create the same effect using cushions.
- Ask about comfort guarantees or trial periods before you buy. Many states still allow retailers to give what’s known as a comfort guarantee. Request it before you purchase, and make certain you understand the details, like whether you’re required to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a given time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated warranty.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some kind of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfort test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a plush, and a pillow top in the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable sort of mattress, ask to see more of that type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty shop usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to locate a shop that carries several major brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Best 3 Mattress Brands? Ikea Gel Mattress
Puffy offers two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress that stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support center. The puffy lux a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support core.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that movement transfer and conforming were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a great option for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime warranty with exclusively non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely conforming construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak border support
- Only one firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a much lower price. Don’t be fooled into believing the Nectar mattress is not of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover and a layer of memory foam under, the Nectar shapes nicely, but doesn’t have the same hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the lack of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than many memory foam models.
A support core consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its makeup, we expect the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is hard to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an inexpensive bed built with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and motion isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much more affordable cost than competition
- No sound when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove option
- 365-night sleep trial and low-cost lifetime warranty
- Financing available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historic issues with customer support
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud utilizes all the correct materials in its construction.
From the tufted cashmere cover that gives good airflow, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mix of memory foam and latex layers, meaning that this bed includes better quality comfort materials than most other hybrids.
Despite the fact that it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there’s absolutely not any hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, then move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support core keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a comparatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and rather easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime guarantee with minimal fees for owners.
- Funding available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak edge support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel doesn’t meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Remember, it’s your mattress, your spine, and your money, so it’s worth the time to study it and get the best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always attempt to negotiate delivery fees.