Best Bamboo Mattress
It seems you can’t watch the evening news or pass with a strip mall without someone wanting to sell you a mattress. The seemingly limitless possibilities for selecting a mattress can be overwhelming. Best Bamboo Mattress
This is even more true if you encounter back or neck pain: picking the right or wrong mattress can make the difference between spending the day feeling good or in pain.
12 Tips to Choosing Your New Mattress
- Research online before going shopping. There are many mattress manufacturers available. It can almost be overwhelming. Make sure you research all these before making your decision. We have given you the 3 mattresses available online, towards the bottom of this article.
- Talk to your doctor. In case you’ve got a health condition, speak with your doctor or physical therapist about what he or she recommends. Keep in mind that doctors aren’t mattress experts, but they know your medical condition and symptoms and will probably have some good advice from that point of view.
- Watch out for gimmicks. Mattress sellers will tag mattresses as”orthopedic” or”medically-approved,” but there is not any medical organization that officially certifies mattresses to take these labels. They might have orthopedic-friendly features, but no clinical group has confirmed this.
- Afford the mattress for a test drive. When shopping for a mattress, try to lie on the mattress in the store for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t feel self-conscious or allow the salesperson hurry you along. It’s a major purchase, and if you don’t try it for at least 10 minutes you’re not going to have a real feel for it. Couples should test the mattress out together.
- Be aware that firm mattresses aren’t always better for your back. Think twice before buying a hard or firm mattress, as some research has indicated that the best mattress for low back pain is a medium firm mattress rather than a firm mattress. There is a gap between firm support and firm feel. You need firm support with a cozy feel. Comfort will be determined by your own personal preference.
- Pillow tops aren’t for everyone. Very light-weight people don’t need large thick pillow top mattresses because they don’t weigh enough to compress the foam to even touch the inherent coils/support system. On the flip side, larger/heavier people tend to feel more comfortable with a little additional cushion between them and the coils.
- Adjustable beds are a fantastic option. If you find you’re more comfortable sitting in a recliner than lying down, then try an adjustable bed. They allow you to lift your head and knees slightly to relieve pressure on the lower spine. You can also create the same effect using pillows.
- Ask about relaxation guarantees or trial periods prior to buying . Many states still allow retailers to give what’s called a comfort guarantee. Request it before you purchase, and make certain you understand the details, like whether you’re expected to pay shipping, if it includes a money-back guarantee or exchange, if you must return the mattress within a certain time frame, etc..
- Check the warranty. A good mattress will have a minimum of a 10 year full replacement or non-prorated guarantee.
- Protect your investment. Don’t forget some type of waterproof mattress protector. Stains will void your guarantee.
- Check out all of the options and variations. Give yourself a comfortable test if the salesperson doesn’t offer you one. Ask to try out a firm, a plush, and a pillow top at the same brand quality and price point. Lie on each one for 10 to 15 minutes. When you find the most comfortable type of mattress, ask to see more of this type.
- Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses. The salespeople in a mattress specialty store usually have more training on the whole subject of sleep. Try to find a shop that carries several big brands, such as Sealy, Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic.
So What Are the Top 3 Mattress Brands? Best Bamboo Mattress
Puffy provides two distinct memory foam mattress models: the puffy and the puffy lux. The puffy is a single firmness, two layer memory foam mattress which stands 10″ tall and has a polyfoam support core. The puffy lux a single firmness, three layer memory foam mattress which stands 12″ tall and also has polyfoam support center.
Our review of the Puffy mattresses found that movement transfer and conforming were major benefits. We also found that the softer foams used make Puffy mattresses a excellent option for lighter and normal weight sleepers.
- 101-night sleep trial period and no minimum break in period
- Excellent movement isolation
- Lifetime warranty with only non-prorated coverage.
- Uniquely adapting construction
- Free delivery
- #jumpforkids charity program that donates mattresses to kids in need
- Weak edge support
- Just One firmness option available per model
Nectar Sleep offers a memory foam mattress using better quality foam materials relative to its competitors at a far lower price. Don’t be fooled into thinking the Nectar mattress isn’t of the same quality as the Casper or Leesa; it very much is.
Using gel memory foam quilted into the bottom of the cover plus a layer of memory foam beneath, the Nectar shapes nicely, but does not have the identical hug often associated with memory foam beds. Both the gel memory foam and the absence of sink-in feel mean the Nectar sleeps significantly cooler than most memory foam models.
A support center consisting of high-density polyfoam is built to withstand the test of time. Given its cosmetics, we anticipate the Nectar to last at least 7-8 years, which makes it a durable option.
The Nectar is difficult to beat at this price, so if you’re searching for an affordable mattress constructed with quality materials, your search can end here.
- Good conforming and movement isolation
- High-density memory foam mattress at a much more affordable price than competition
- No noise when bearing weight
- Free shipping in contiguous U.S. and White Glove alternative
- 365-night sleep trial and low-cost lifetime warranty
- Funding available through Affirm
- Weak border support
- Historic problems with customer service
As a hybrid mattress, the DreamCloud meets a number of our criteria for what a top quality bed should provide. With 8 unique layers of comfort and support, the DreamCloud uses all the right materials in its construction.
In the tufted cashmere cover which gives good airflow, to the gel memory foam at the uppermost comfort layer, the DreamCloud is intended to promote a cooler night’s sleep. Resting below are a mixture of memory foam and latex coatings, meaning that this bed includes better quality relaxation materials than most other hybrids.
Even though it uses multiple memory foam layers, as a Medium Firm feel, there’s absolutely no hug or significant contouring to the mattress. If you’re trying to sink into a mattress, move on from the DreamCloud.
A pocketed coil support core keeps you aligned all night long, especially so for all you back sleepers out there.
- Luxurious construction at a comparatively low price-point.
- Lightweight and fairly easy to move.
- Free delivery for customers in the contiguous 48 states.
- 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty with nominal fees for owners.
- Financing available through Affirm
- Limited size availability.
- Weak edge support for a coil support base.
- The firmer feel does not meet some lighter weight sleeper’s comfort taste.
Bear in mind, it’s your mattress, your back, and your money, so it’s well worth the time to study it and find the best mattress possible. Watch out for specials and sales, and always attempt to negotiate delivery fees.